Welcome


Welcome to Girls Get Hot - an inspiration specially bridal inspiration website for the stylish bride. We feature traditional and western wedding dresses from designers and fashion houses around the world, ideas for reception themes, favors, gifts, accessories and other wedding-related information. Note: We do not sell the products featured on this website. Please Click here to contact us if you have any question.thanks


Contact Girls Get Hot

Girls Get Hot is an online blog featuring bridal styles from around the globe to serve as inspiration for brides-to-be.

We do not sell the wedding gowns or any items featured on our website. For information on prices and how/where to buy the products featured, please visit the website of the bridal gown designer/manufacturer at the bottom of the post.

For editorial, advertorial and advertising questions, send us your latest press releases (in English) please write us an email at:

click here to E-mail

Saturday 10 December 2011

Worth the wait

Worth the wait

After I went out and invested a bunch of money (and risked personal injury) for Big - which obviously didn't pan out the way I hoped - I promised myself I would never do that for a guy again. I told myself that I would never do anything that I didn't want, just because it was important to any guy.
Never say never. 
I spent Sunday with Trooper. First up? Church. 
I never go to church. When I say never, I mean since the day I was confirmed into the Catholic church, I haven't attended a mass unless someone got married, died or was baptized. I only went through with the confirmation because my father insisted. 
But, it's important to Trooper. Not that I go to church, but going is an important part of his life. I figure if this relationship is going to continue in the direction I'd like, then I'd better be ready to compromise. If I remember correctly, that is a part of a relationship. 
After church we went to lunch - and then back to my house. You'll never guess what we did. Go ahead...just try.
Football. All afternoon.
I don't watch football.

X tried. 28-year-old tried. Heck even Gardner tried to get me to watch a game. With Gardner and 28YO, I'd say maybe it was that I  didn't care enough. With X that certainly wasn't the case; I did marry the guy, so I think I could have given him a Sunday or two over the years. 
But there I was, sitting on my sofa with Trooper asking questions, cheering when it seemed appropriate, and generally trying to get into the game. I said to him, "You should be proud of yourself; you managed to do what no man has done before you - and not for a lack of trying." I was kidding - mostly. Then I said, "I must really like you...." (That wasn't kidding at all.) 
No matter how independent or stubborn or protective you are of your time, if you want a relationship to work, eventually you're going to have to step outside your comfort zone. There's no way around it; everyone has to give a little to get a lot. 
I guess what I'm learning is that some guys really are worth the trouble. And those guys are most definitely worth the wait.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...