Welcome


Welcome to Girls Get Hot - an inspiration specially bridal inspiration website for the stylish bride. We feature traditional and western wedding dresses from designers and fashion houses around the world, ideas for reception themes, favors, gifts, accessories and other wedding-related information. Note: We do not sell the products featured on this website. Please Click here to contact us if you have any question.thanks


Contact Girls Get Hot

Girls Get Hot is an online blog featuring bridal styles from around the globe to serve as inspiration for brides-to-be.

We do not sell the wedding gowns or any items featured on our website. For information on prices and how/where to buy the products featured, please visit the website of the bridal gown designer/manufacturer at the bottom of the post.

For editorial, advertorial and advertising questions, send us your latest press releases (in English) please write us an email at:

click here to E-mail

Saturday 14 January 2012

Great expectations


It's funny how different dating is when you're older (and divorced) versus how it was before all that "life" changed you. When I was with X, I tried to be in charge. I made plans on our behalf, chose when we'd arrive, how we'd get there, and usually when we'd leave. Family events always trumped sports because...well, just because. Those priorities seemed obvious to me, and the fact that guys priorities were different was just proof that men need women in order to get through life.

Right.

Nowadays, I don't like being told what to do. Not to mention - I don't want to be in charge of anyone else. I've gotten so used to just being in charge of me, that I kind of like that mindset - and I don't want to give it up.

I realized the other day that I've invited Trooper to a lot of family events in the last couple of weeks. I told him I hope he doesn't feel dragged to anything, because I'd never want to do that. When I invite him to anything, it truly is a request, not an order. He's welcome, but not expected.

As a singleton, I've been to many events solo. At first, I thought I'd hate it; in fact, I avoided things like family parties, weddings, dinners - anything for which I once would have had a date, and now didn't. But eventually, I realized that learning to be a happy singleton was going to be the key to finding a happy relationship - so I sucked it up.

A party where you're literally the only single person is an interesting experience. Everyone should do it - seriously. Even if you're in a relationship, go somewhere without your other, where everyone else is with theirs. Stand back, on the outside and just take it in.

There's awkward silence, stares, flat-out-glares and looks to kill. There are the moments where she puts her hand on his elbow, hinting to shut up before he says something he shouldn't. Then there's the couple who are fighting before they even get in their car to go home.

That's always fun.
I've had those fights; they suck.

After the first party like that, when I came and left on my own schedule, talked to whoever I wanted, and left in peace - I vowed I'd never put myself (or anyone else) again. So far, I think I've been pretty good at sticking to that promise.

Sure, eventually something comes up where one half of the couple really doesn't want to go - and the other half needs the support. But you do that when you care about someone. I think the trick is knowing - and communicating - when someone is needed, and when they're wanted.

Those are the best expectations to set.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...