Welcome


Welcome to Girls Get Hot - an inspiration specially bridal inspiration website for the stylish bride. We feature traditional and western wedding dresses from designers and fashion houses around the world, ideas for reception themes, favors, gifts, accessories and other wedding-related information. Note: We do not sell the products featured on this website. Please Click here to contact us if you have any question.thanks


Contact Girls Get Hot

Girls Get Hot is an online blog featuring bridal styles from around the globe to serve as inspiration for brides-to-be.

We do not sell the wedding gowns or any items featured on our website. For information on prices and how/where to buy the products featured, please visit the website of the bridal gown designer/manufacturer at the bottom of the post.

For editorial, advertorial and advertising questions, send us your latest press releases (in English) please write us an email at:

click here to E-mail

Saturday 10 December 2011

Pen pals

Pen pals

I've been exchanging emails with a guy from OK Cupid for two months. Two months, and all we've shared are emails on the site - not even personal email addresses - and first names. Appears to be a nice guy, seems like we have some things in common - but our communication had deteriorated to, "So, what are your plans for the weekend?" and "Oh, I hate Mondays!" Boooorrrreee - ING.

Then I met another guy, just a few weeks ago, on Plenty of Fish. Again - seems nice, we have some stuff in common, etc., etc. But the exchange was headed in the same direction - this guy wasn't even sharing his name.

Now listen - I get it. I'm an email girl. After the sexting incident, I am much more careful about how and when I share my personal contact information. So, I like to start out in the safety of the dating site. I'm all about email/IM/text - I absolutely hate talking on the phone.

The problem with these emails is, they're going nowhere. I'm not learning anything. Two months in, and I really don't know much more about either guy than what his profile tells.

So, what's the point? I know some people view online dating sites as a replacement for actual dating - you know, like, in person. I figure those same people also view facebook as a replacement for family reunions, and twitter as a replacement for a party with friends.

That's not me. I view all of those sites as an added way to interact with, or meet, people - not a replacement for actual relationships. So, I don't want the endless email.

Something came over me not too long ago, and I laid it out there for both guys.

To be continued....

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...