Welcome


Welcome to Girls Get Hot - an inspiration specially bridal inspiration website for the stylish bride. We feature traditional and western wedding dresses from designers and fashion houses around the world, ideas for reception themes, favors, gifts, accessories and other wedding-related information. Note: We do not sell the products featured on this website. Please Click here to contact us if you have any question.thanks


Contact Girls Get Hot

Girls Get Hot is an online blog featuring bridal styles from around the globe to serve as inspiration for brides-to-be.

We do not sell the wedding gowns or any items featured on our website. For information on prices and how/where to buy the products featured, please visit the website of the bridal gown designer/manufacturer at the bottom of the post.

For editorial, advertorial and advertising questions, send us your latest press releases (in English) please write us an email at:

click here to E-mail

Saturday 10 December 2011

Price of doing business

Price of doing business

This story about a woman who supplemented her income by dating guys she met online broke a couple weeks ago. I heard it from Cute~Ella first, and then Kristi blogged about it over here. I stayed quiet because...well, because everyone was already talking about it, and I wasn't sure what I could really add.

Then this morning, I guess ABC was talking about it on a morning show, and a friend texted to tell me about it. Her question was, "Why is this news?"

That's what I said. Because, let's face it - this girl didn't invent anything.

I've joked before that I've gone on dates when I'm short on grocery money. Now, I've never set up a system, and gone out with men purely for that purpose - but I have agreed to a date when I was less than interested, simply because I really couldn't afford to buy food that week.

Is that awful? Maybe. Bad for my karma? I'm sure. But original? Most definitely not.

Neither is the concept that men take women out on expensive dates because they're expecting hoping to get "something" in return. If some guys treat women that way, why is it surprising that some women respond accordingly?

When I go on a date, whether it's the first or the fifth, I go with an open mind. If I meet a guy and I know there's no chemistry, I wouldn't continue to see him. On the flip-side, when I meet a guy I really like, I call it off with everyone else, even if it means I have to eat ramen noodles for a week.

Maybe that's where I differ from Ms. Manhattan-on-a-budget. But I still don't think I am in a position to judge her (and really, neither is anyone else). While what she did might seem hurtful over over-the-top to some, the truth is, we've all done something while we're dating that others might find questionable.

If you're single and dating, there's always a chance you'll give more than you get, make a bad decision, hurt someone whether it's intentional or not.

That's just the price of doing business.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...